Folks in Mississippi might not even know about this amazing crock-pot speciality. I have no idea why it's called Mississippi Roast. Whatever you call it, my family just wants to be called to the table if it's on the menu.
- 3-5 lb. chuck roast
- 1 packet Ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 packet Au Jus mix (with no MSG) or Brown Gravy Mix
- 1 stick butter
- 8-10 jarred pepperoncini peppers; pull stems off
- 1-2 Tbsp. of the pepperoncini juice
- Place roast in slow cooker.
- Sprinkle ranch packet and au jus packet over roast.
- Place the stick of butter on top of roast.
- Add the pepperoncinis to the slow cooker and pour the pepperoncini juice over roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
We love to shreed and serve over mashed potatoes with some of the gravy.