For those of you who have been ohh-ing and ahh-ing over the photo overload all week, here are a few things you need to know and going to camp as a sponsor:
1. Arranging to go on the trip is just part of the adventure. Taking off work and making preparations for life to go on while you're at camp is a bit like being a ringmaster on the moon. Plan to take off an extra day to recover after camp. You'll thank us.
2. The twin bed life is exactly what you remember. 2 inch mattresses and bunk beds for adults is just as harrowing as you might imagine, especially in the morning when everything creaks and crackles and nothing works the way you expected.
3. Everything is up hill both ways in the snow at Glorietta. Even in July. Trust us.
4. Don't miss the morning leader meeting. It's good for your soul. They teach you and then you in turn teach it to your life group. It's always got some blessing inside that speaks to you.
4. Mornings can be an amazing 70 degrees until the second it is time for Rec and then the clouds roll back and it feels like the face of the sun. Pack sunscreen in your back pack and aloe in your suitcase.
5. After Rec, it's free time. Take a nap. Trust us. Its that or don't plan to shut your eyes for prayers for the rest of the day.