To increase my photo count and my connection with them throughout certain times of the year, I started a text challenge. First kid to answer a riddle, text back a photo, send me a link wins a prize.
I always set a deadline. First. Best. Everyone who XYZ before 5PM. You get the idea.
Then I Venmo the money or tell them to find the prize on their bed, in my office, etc.
It's been fun to see what they come up with and how they interact with each other too!
What to Text
The rules are as follows
You will receive challenges over the next week at random times. The first to send photo proof will win a prize.
Each challenge will expire after 24 hours if no participant has a winning entry.
Prizes will range in amounts from a Venmo to gift cards
In the event of a tie, Dad will have the final say over who wins - because he’s Dad.
May the odds be ever in your favor! Finish the year strong.
- Emoji Storytelling: Create a short story using only emojis (minimum 5 emojis) and send it to the parents. (50 points)
- Word Riddles: Solve five word riddles sent by the parents within 24 hours. (50 points)
- Song Lyrics: Choose a song and send a message with the lyrics to the parents, who will guess the song title. Participants must select songs from a pre-approved list provided by the parents. (50 points per correct guess)
- Emoji Movie Titles: Send a list of ten movie titles represented by emojis. Parents will have to guess the titles within 48 hours. (50 points per correct guess)
- Virtual Scavenger Hunt: Participants will receive a list of five items to find around the house and send pictures as proof of their discovery. (50 points)
- Trivia Questions: Answer five trivia questions sent by the parents within 24 hours. (50 points)
- Acronym Game: Create an acronym for each family member's name and describe its meaning. (50 points)
- Text Art Challenge: Create a piece of artwork using only text characters and symbols. (50 points)
- Mind Teasers: Solve three mind teasers sent by the parents within 24 hours. (50 points)
- Gratitude Messages: Send a meaningful and heartfelt gratitude message to each family member individually. (50 points)